Shareholders

As of March 2010, Terna S.p.A.’s share capital totalled €440,199,936 and was represented by 2,000,908,800 ordinary shares with a par value of €0.22. On the basis of the register of shareholders and other information available as of the date of preparation of this report, the shareholders of Terna S.p.A. break down as follows:

  • Cassa Depositi e Prestiti S.p.A. (CDP): 29.99%
  • Enel S.p.A.: 5.1%
  • Significant institutional investors: Pictet Funds Europe S.A. with 4.9%, BlackRock Inc. with 2% and Assicurazioni Generali with 2%
  • Other institutional and retail investors: 55.9%

SHAREHOLDING STRUCTURE

Azionariato di Terna

Other institutional investors and retail investors hold 33.1% and 22.8%, respectively.
Based on the periodic surveys conducted by the Company, it is believed that roughly 64% of Terna S.p.A. shares are held by Italian shareholders, with the remaining 36% being held by foreign institutional investors, primarily within Europe (UK 7.6%, Switzerland 5.9%, France 3.8% and Germany 2.8%) and North America (US/Canada 4%). The percentage of shares held by Italian institutional investors remained at 6.6% for the period.

SHAREHOLDING STRUCTURE BY TYPOLOGY AND GEOGRAPHIC AREA

AZIONARIATO DI TERNA PER TIPOLOGIA E AREA GEOGRAFICA